I keep finding "newer" refernces to this Patch... Yet nothing at all on EAs forums, as they have had in the past...
I found this again...
Battlefield 2142 v1.51 Fixes & Map Screenshots [ 9 Comments ]
|Sunday, 29 November, 2009 – Planet Battlefield News |
3:30 PST | ^Scott^
| Print News
| Category: BF2142
Over on the EA UK forums, DICE Associate Producer Barrie Tingle answered some more questions about the Battlefield 2142 v1.51 patch. Map designer, Jason Brice posted
up two screenshots of one of the new maps included in the patch. Thanks CpDx
: More info on the map added below.
<BLOCKQUOTE>You will be glad to know that all of the maps fit with the Battlefield 2142 theme.
To answer some other questions:
- Server stability fix is in BF2142 v1.51 so should see a stop to the crashing servers exploit
- There is no release date yet because as I mentioned earlier, I'm waiting for the programmer from BFBC2. So until he is back on BF2142 I can't estimate how long he will take to finish the update. There has been closed beta testing of the update with Combat Studios which is why we know of the major loading bug we have to deal with.
- Operation Blue Pearl is Assault Lines
- There are currently no extra Titan maps included.
- Mac. This process isn't done by DICE so we will leave 1.50 servers running for Mac players until 1.51 comes out for the Mac. Then all 1.50 ranked servers will be shut down.
- crysis40 there are fixes, mainly around stability and account security. As previously mentioned 1.50 was the main BF2142 update. 1.51 is a minor increment update to fix the security issues. We just threw in 3 maps for you. Not too bad for an incremental update really.
on the map from Jason Brice.
<BLOCKQUOTE>THE MAP INDEED HAS A GOLIATH (although no flag can be capped by sitting in the Goliath)...A FEW MECS, AND A SPEEDER OR TWO. IT IS 64, 32, 16 ASSAULT LINES. I cannot reveal name at this time. (and no, I did not do Leipzig...all time favorites there).
As far as Titan maps, we did have one in the works, but most likely wont make the build, as it was submitted a little late. However, with the release of free Northern Strike Content, most (since they don't have NS) will be getting two new titan maps from that.
I will say that everyone should have the CORRECT build for 1.5, with northern strike included. This will make the install go much smoother...ya'all can get a head start on that now. Making a full patch for this would be difficult, as the current 1.51 build is around 1.1 gigs, which means a full patch would entail a couple gigs at least...way too big of a download.
Despite all of what you have heard, you are still in for some great surprises. I'm sure there will be some good/bad comments...Just remember this...
A lot of people have donated their time, and efforts to make this possible. Please have respect for all of us, as we did not GAIN anything financially from this experience...WE SIMPLY LOVE THE GAME, and WANT TO SEE PEOPLE CONTINUING THEIR FUN WITH 2142. </BLOCKQUOTE>EA UK Forums